The Question is:
I have the following questions with respect to the Tru64 architecture:
1. How is Tru64 related to OpenVMS?
2. What version of OpenVMS supports the TRU64
3. Does the latest version of the OpenVMS - 7.2
have full support for DecNET?
4. Is ANSi C++ supported on OpenVMS and if yes what version of it?
5. Where can I find resellers / leasing agents for a DEC Alpha OpenVms
6. How can I become a regsitered OpenVMS developing partner and what
benefits/programs does Compaq have for such developers?
The Answer is :
Tru64 UNIX and OpenVMS are operating systems, both can
operate on Alpha hardware.
Brightly colored wrenches in the tub, again?
OpenVMS V7.2 is not the current release of OpenVMS (as of this writing
in January 2001, V7.2-1H1 is the current release), and yes, full support
for DECnet Phase IV and for DECnet-Plus is available.
Yes, please see the OpenVMS commercial tools website.
Please see the OpenVMS website for reseller pointers
Please see the OpenVMS FAQ for CSA pointers and program benefits.