HP OpenVMS Cluster Software for Alpha and VAX coordinates and synchronizes access to shared resources.
HP OpenVMS Cluster Software is an OpenVMS System Integrated Product (SIP). It provides a highly integrated OpenVMS computing environment distributed over multiple Alpha and VAX systems.
- HP VMScluster Software for OpenVMS Alpha
- HP VAXcluster Software for OpenVMS VAX
- HP OpenVMS Cluster Client Software for Alpha (part of NAS150)
- HP OpenVMS Cluster Client Software for VAX (part of NAS150)
Systems in an OpenVMS Cluster system can share processing, mass storage (including system disks), and other resources under a single OpenVMS security and management domain. Within this highly integrated environment, systems retain their independence because they use local, memory-resident copies of the OpenVMS operating system. Thus, OpenVMS Cluster systems can boot and shut down independently while benefiting from common resources.
All OpenVMS Cluster systems have the following software features in common:
- The OpenVMS operating system and OpenVMS Cluster software allow all systems to share read and write access to disk files in a fully coordinated environment. Application programs can specify the level of clusterwide file sharing that is required; access is then coordinated by the OpenVMS extended QIO processor (XQP) and Record Management Services (RMS). Coherency of multiple-system configurations is implemented by OpenVMS Cluster software using a flexible and sophisticated per-system voting mechanism.
- Shared batch and print queues are accessible from any system in the OpenVMS Cluster system. The OpenVMS queue manager controls clusterwide batch and print queues, which can be accessed by any system. Batch jobs submitted to clusterwide queues are routed to any available system so the batch load is shared.
- The OpenVMS Lock Manager System Services operate in a clusterwide manner. These services allow reliable, coordinated access to any resource, and provide signaling mechanisms at the system and process level across the whole OpenVMS Cluster system.
- All disks and tapes in an OpenVMS Cluster system can be made accessible to all systems.
- Process information and control services, including the ability to create and delete processes, are available on a clusterwide basis to application programs and system utilities. (Clusterwide process creation is available with Version 7.1 and higher.)
- Configuration command procedures assist in adding and removing systems and in modifying their configuration characteristics.
- The dynamic Show Cluster utility displays the status of OpenVMS Cluster hardware components and communication links.
- A fully automated clusterwide data and application caching feature enhances system performance and reduces I/O activity.
- The ability to define logical names that are visible across multiple nodes in an OpenVMS Cluster (Version 7.2 and higher).
- An application programming interface (API) allows applications withinin multiple OpenVMS Cluster nodes to communicate with each other (Version 7.2 and higher).
- Standard OpenVMS system management and security features work in a clusterwide manner so that the entire OpenVMS Cluster system operates as a single security and management domain.
- The OpenVMS Cluster software dynamically balances the interconnect I/O load in OpenVMS Cluster configurations that include multiple interconnects.
- Multiple OpenVMS Cluster systems can be configured on a single or extended local area network (LAN). LANs and the LAN adapters used for OpenVMS Cluster communications can be used concurrently by other network protocols.
- The optionally installable DECamds availability management tool (as well as Availability Manager) allows system managers to monitor and manage resource availability in real time on all the members of an OpenVMS Cluster.
- Cross-architecture satellite booting permits VAX boot nodes to provide boot service to Alpha satellites and allows Alpha boot nodes to provide boot service to VAX satellites.
- System services enable applications to automatically detect changes in OpenVMS Cluster membership.
Country List Price for USA.
|Part#||Part Description||Loan-EMEA Only||SPD|
|QL-MUZAE-AA||VMSCluster for OpenVMS/Alpha Workgroup Licence||15960|
|QL-MUZAG-AA||VMSCluster for OpenVMS/Alpha Departmental Licence||31050|
|QL-MUZAQ-AA||VMSCluster for OpenVMS/Alpha Enterprise Licence||66155|
|QL-VBRA2-AA||VAXcluster for OpenVMS/VAX Departmental Licence||34155|
|QL-VBRA5-AA||VAXcluster for OpenVMS/VAX Enterprise Licence||72705|
|QL-VBRAB-AA||VAXcluster for OpenVMS/VAX Workgroup Licence||17556|
For further information on how to order this product, please contact your local authorised HP Business Partner. Click here for more information if you don't have a local contact.