For those new to the HP Advanced Server Products,
forget any rumors you've heard about "the complexity of Advanced
Server licensing". This is all you need to know:
- There are only four active PATHWORKS products:
- Advanced Server V7.3A for OpenVMS
- PATHWORKS V6 for OpenVMS (Advanced Server)
- PATHWORKS V5 for OpenVMS (LAN Manager)
- PATHWORKS 32, V7.3
- There are only 2 licenses:
- One license that covers all active Advanced Server products
[(a), (b), and (c) above]
||Advanced Server for OpenVMS or PATHWORKS for OpenVMS (Advanced Server) Client Access license
- One license that covers all PATHWORKS applications and tools
software for Microsoft platforms [(d) above].
||PATHWORKS 32 System license
That's it! It is that simple.
- The Client Access license terms for our servers provides you
with the same access options as Microsoft's Client Access license
for Windows servers; however, they include far fewer restrictions
providing you with significant flexibility.
- The System license terms follow the industry norm for desktop
PATHWORKS veterans should also read and believe the information
provided above. If you were ever confused by PATHWORKS licensing
in the past, these new, simple Business Practices should now put
you at ease.