ABB Automation GmbH
ABB Automation GmbH is a division of engineering giant The ABB Group. Headquartered in Mannheim, Germany, ABB Automation GmbH provides customers with integrated solutions for control, plant optimization, and industry-specific application knowledge. With a diverse and extensive client base, ABB serves the oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, and marine industries. Key benefits ABB provides customer include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
HP works with ABB Automation GmbH to provide industrial-strength solutions based on HP AlphaServer systems and Integrity servers running the reliable, secure OpenVMS operating system. When systems demand the highest levels of availability and performance, ABB Automation GmbH partners with HP to meet the most stringent requirements.
Integrity server ready
AlphaServer system ready
PRIMO•S is an extremely fast, real-time database used for process automation and instrumentation applications. It is a compact, simple, and inexpensive system that can be installed and ready for use in just two minutes, yet it can handle huge amounts of data with access times much faster than conventional SQL databases. PRIMO•S has been successfully deployed in more than 2,700 installations in power stations, rolling mills, manufacturing process control, telecommunications, and many other industries and applications.
- High performance—achieves more than 100,000 accesses per second
- Message Arrays—allows inter-task communication
- Replication—provides fault tolerance and disaster recovery
- Logging—prevents data loss in failure situations
- Standards-based&mdasy;supports remote procedure call (RPC), SQL, and open database connectivity (ODBC)
- Code generator—translates SQL into library routines, eliminating complex low-level database access programming
ABB Automation GmbH
Kallstadter Strasse 1
Tel: +49 (621) 4381 0
Fax: +49 (621) 4381 390
ABB Automation GmbH Web site
Tel: +49 (621) 381 1720