HP OpenVMS Systems
Operations Manager HTTPS Agent
HP OpenVMS systems
Evolving business value
HP Operations Manager HTTPS Agent and Smart Plug-In (SPI) for OpenVMS
HP OpenVMS Operations Manager HTTPS Agent and SPI Version 8.6 is now qualified with Operations Manager for Windows (OMW 9). New!
For using HP OpenVMS Operations Manager HTTPS Agent and SPI Version 8.6-1, it requires minor configuration changes on Operations Manager for Windows (OMW 8.x & 9.0) server only. (For instructions on configuring OMW server, see the 84support.zip file on the download page).
Alternatively, the configuration changes on Operations Manager for Windows (OMW 8.x & 9.0) server for supporting OpenVMS Version 8.4 are integrated into HP OpenVMS Operations Manager HTTPS Agent and SPI Version 8.6-2.
OVO 8.6 agents on OpenVMS are manageable from all supported OMU 9.x,OML 9.x, OMW 9.x & OMW 8.x servers.
HP Operations Manager HTTPS Agent and SPI software provides highly secure communication between Operations Manager Server and their managed nodes. HTTPS agents are generally used and administered in the same way as DCE-based agents. Applications are launched in the same way. All functionalities that are available with DCE-based agents are also available with HTTPS agents unless explicitly stated otherwise. Policies for HTTPS agents are created, assigned and deployed in a similar way as templates for DCE-based agents.
HTTPS-based communication provides you with the following major advantages:
- Simple management through firewalls with configurable, single-port, secure communication using open HTTPS-based communication techniques. Restrict outside access to dedicated HTTP proxies and reduce port usage by multiplexing over HTTP proxies
- Out-of-the-box Internet Secure Communication using SSL/PKI encryption with server and client certificates for authentication.
- Communication is based on standard Web technologies (HTTP, SOAP, Proxies, SSL etc.), available in every environment today, and familiar to every IT administrator.
- Message format based on XML and SOAP used for message security from the Operations Manager HTTPS Agent to the Operations Manager Server.
- IP independence/dynamic IP (DHCP). Managed nodes can be identified by their unique OvCoreID and not necessarily by their IP addresses.
- OpenView standard control and deployment mechanism.
The appropriate License To Use (LTU) is required for the HP Operations Manager HTTPS Agent and SPI for OpenVMS.
The OpenView software is purchased as LTU instances as follows:
|TB056AA||HP Operations OS Instance Adv LTU|
|TB056AAE||HP Operations OS Inst Adv SW E-LTU|
|HP OpenVMS Operations Manager HTTPS Agents Version 8.6 Administrator's Guide||» ovms_ops_manager_admin.pdf|
|HP OpenVMS Operations Manager HTTPS Agents Version 8.6 Configuration Guide||» ovms_ops_manager_admin.pdf|
|HP OpenView Smart Plug-In for OpenVMS User's Guide||» VMSSPI_user_gd.pdf|
Kits for 8.6 Software
HP Operations Manager HTTPS Agent and Smart Plug-In (SPI) Version 8.6 is available on OpenVMS Alpha and OpenVMS Integrity servers.
(Click here to go first to the Survey page and then to download the Version 8.6 kits.)
HP is committed to protecting your privacy. Learn more.