The Management Agents for OpenVMS Version 3.4, offers a number of improvements
over Version 3.3 web release including:
The following problems are corrected in V3.4:
- Insight Management Agents as a single Kit
- Smart array (CPQIDA) SNMP agent support on OpenVMS Integrity servers V8.2, V8.2-1,
and V8.3 and OpenVMS Alpha V7.3-2, V8.2, and V8.3
- Support for HP OpenVMS Integrity servers V8.2, V8.2-1, and V8.3 and HP OpenVMS Alpha V7.3-2, V8.2, and V8.3
These new features and others are described on the Release Notes web page.
- OpenVMS Management Agents displays wrong CPU speed on systems with Montecito CPUs.
- Invoking of OpenVMS Management station from the Insight Management agents fails on IE6.0 SP2, due to browser restriction to access local files.
- The WBEM$GSVIEW process abnormally terminates on a GS series OpenVMS system having TCPWARE stack.
- OpenVMS Management Agents does not set the thresholds after 3 to 4 days on an OpenVMS system having TCPWARE stack.
- OpenVMS Management agents does not recognize the WBEM$ADMIN identifier and provide admin privilege, if WBEM$OPERATOR Identifier is granted first to a user in SYSUAF.
- OpenVMS Management agents does not install properly, as it used “MC” verb instead of “MCR”.
- WBEM$CPQSTORE Abnormally terminates on a Integrity server connected to a tape drive.
- OpenVMS Management Agents causes backups to fail on a system due to tape device polling.
- WBEM$SVRCLU process terminates on a cluster member at startup.
- OpenVMS Management agents does not terminate the WBEM$CPQIDA process during shutdown of the product.
The Management Agents for OpenVMS allows you to look at devices on your OpenVMS systems. With the installation of
Systems Insight Manager on a
Microsoft Windows server, management of all your platforms from a single Windows server becomes a reality.
Go to the following links for more information:
||Describes how you can use the Management Agents for OpenVMS software.
|» System requirements
||Lists system requirements for installing the Management Agents software kits.
|» Installation instructions
||Contains step-by-step instructions for downloading and installing the Management Agents software kits.
|» Software download
||Provides links to the software after you complete a short user survey.
|» Software support
||Provides details on software support for Insight Management agents on OpenVMS Alpha/Integrity servers.
|» Release notes
||Describes new features and problems corrected in Version 3.4, installation and operation notes, problems that remain in Version 3.4, and features planned for future releases.
|» User's guide
||Contains sections that tell you how to get started using the Management Agents for OpenVMS and how to enable traps. Another section provides troubleshooting tips.
|» HP Array Configuration Utility XE (ACUXE)
||OpenVMS RAID configuration utility for Smart Array (5300A/6400A) controllers
|» 3rd-party products
||Describes SNMP agents provided by vendors other than Compaq. These are products that extend the functionality of the web agents.
» Send your questions, comments, and suggestions
» Please refer to the re-branding reference guide for more information.