» Download Web Services Integration Toolkit
Version 3.4-1 for HP OpenVMS
AlphaServer and Integrity systems (January 2013)
HP is pleased to provide you with a new
HP-supported, customer release version of
the Web Services Integration Toolkit for OpenVMS.
The Web Services Integration Toolkit provides a set of individual tools to significantly
help you develop a JavaBean to expose legacy application logic. These tools are
designed to be valuable both individually or in combination. All of the WSIT tools run on HP OpenVMS.
See the "Requirements"
section in WSIT Installation Guide and Release Notes for using the Web Services Integration Toolkit on HP OpenVMS, and these additional WSIT pages:
» Download kits
» Software support and feedback
» Software licensing
New features in Web Services Integration Toolkit Version 3.4-1 include:
New features in Version 3.0 include:
- Modified bind behavior of WSI$MANAGER process. All the generated WSIT applications binds to a single or multiple LAN address by defining the following logicals:
$ DEFINE /SYSTEM/EXECUTIVE_MODE WSI$MANAGER_BIND <"IP_ADDRESS">
$ DEFINE /SYSTEM/EXECUTIVE_MODE WSI$BIND_ <"IP_ADDRESS">
- Implements the XML schema validation for all ‹application-name›.WSI files. The WSI$MANAGER process validates all ‹application-name›.WSI files while deploying the application and reports an error in the WSI$MANAGER.LOG file for every failed validation.
- The process WSI$MANAGER scans the ‹application-name›.WSI file in the WSI$ROOT: [DEPLOY] location to check if the parameter values are correctly loaded in the parameter list of the application.
- Provides support for Java 6.0 for Integrity servers platform.
- Provides support for Pascal nested structure data types.
- Provides enhanced support for log files purging mechanism.
- Automatic stack expansion for single threaded applications. This feature
removes the need for the system manager to determine the appropriate maximum
stack size for the thread that executes the application code.
- Support for the generation of sample AXIS2 web services (not intended for
- PCSI kit includes an option to install the WSIT runtime only.
- ANT is no longer bundled with WSIT.
- Generated web services have login and logout methods when authentication is
specified using the -l switch on the generator tool (idl2code.jar).
- New application tracing feature is supported (WSI$APPTRACING).
- New log file generation feature allow out of process applications to print
to a log file (WSI$LOGFILE).
- Documentation for debugging out-of-process features.
- AXIS2 services now have argument names in WSDL.
- WSI$JNISHR_G defined for debug environments.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Version 2.0 included support for sending and receiving BLOBs, with no maximum size for messages.
It also included support for built-in tracing for all wrapped routines and parameters,
an extended WSIT IDL to allow fine grained tracing at the level of individual parameters,
tighter checking of Boolean values in IDL, and support for POJO clients with zero parameters.
Version 1.2 included support for using
an optionally generated JSP
(Java Server Page) sample client with authentication and an
optionally generated POJO
(plain old Java object) sample client running an application out-of-process. For more information, see the section "Generating Sample Clients" in the WSIT
The Web Services Integration Toolkit for OpenVMS provides tools that help you to:
Note: Before using the Web Services Integration Toolkit,
you must evaluate the original application and design one or
more interface classes to expose different features of the business logic.
» Contact the Web Services Integration Toolkit engineering team