The OpenVMS Host-Based Minimerge (HBMM) remedial kit for OpenVMS Alpha version 7.3-2 is now generally available as a production release. This capability is also included in the OpenVMS V8.2
distribution when it ships at the end of 2004.
The Host-Based Minimerge (HBMM) kit contains two new features for OpenVMS Volume Shadowing:
- Minimerge support for shadow sets that consist of Fibre Channel or SCSI disks. Minimerge is significantly faster than a full merge operation because it merges only those areas of the shadow set
where write activity is known to have occurred.
- Support for assigning a unique priority to every shadow set on every system with the shadow set mounted. It will be used to select the order that shadow sets are selected when a system crashes or
a shadow set is aborted in a cluster by that system.
In addition, the SHOW SHADOW command has been significantly enhanced for managing these new features. For example, you can display:
- The Enhanced Shadowing features in effect for each shadow set on a system
- Priority level and status of each shadow set (including whether a merge or copy is active and which system is managing that work)
- HBMM policies and a list of shadow sets that have HBMM policies on a system
For service customers, the VMS732_HBMM remedial kit is available at the following website: