If you did not register your OpenVMS licenses
during the installation, you must do so before you can use the OpenVMS
operating system. You must also register the licenses for OpenVMS
layered products. If your operating system came preinstalled, you
must register licenses. The licenses are not preinstalled. If you
plan to form a volume shadow set for your newly installed system disk,
you must enter and load the VOLSHAD license.
If you have upgraded your operating system, register
any new OpenVMS or layered product licenses. Note that licensing schemes differ between OpenVMS Alpha and Integrity
server systems. For OpenVMS Integrity server systems, a
single OE license grants the right to use all the components bundled
in the purchased OE. Each OE is offered with Per Core Licenses (PCLs).
For information about registering licenses, see
the following documents:
License Management Utility Manual
Version 8.4 Release Notes
For OpenVMS Integrity server systems, the HP
Operating Environments for OpenVMS for Integrity Servers Software
Product Description (SPD 82.34.xx).
To register licenses, use the OpenVMS License utility as follows:
Start the OpenVMS License
utility by entering the following command at the OpenVMS system prompt.
(You can also use the LICENSE REGISTER command.)
The utility displays a
menu screen similar to the following. Select the REGISTER option
(press Enter or enter 1 at the prompt), and enter
each license key until you have successfully registered all required
VMS License Management Utility Options:
1. REGISTER a Product Authorization Key
2. AMEND an existing Product Authorization Key
3. CANCEL an existing Product Authorization Key
4. LIST Product Authorization Keys
5. MODIFY an existing Product Authorization Key
6. DISABLE an existing Product Authorization Key
7. DELETE an existing Product Authorization Key
8. COPY an existing Product Authorization Key
9. MOVE an existing Product Authorization Key
10. ENABLE an existing Product Authorization Key
11. SHOW the licenses loaded on this node
12. SHOW the unit requirements for this node
99. Exit this procedure
Type '?' at any prompt for a description of the information
requested. Press Ctrl/Z at any prompt to return to this menu.
Enter one of the above choices 
After each license is
successfully registered, the procedure asks whether the license should
be loaded. Answer YES.
After you have registered
and loaded all your licenses, exit the License Management procedure
by entering option 99.