Invokes the Backup utility (BACKUP) to perform one of the following
- Make copies of disk files.
- Save disk files as data in a file created by BACKUP on disk or
magnetic tape. (Files created by BACKUP are called save sets.)
- Restore disk files from a BACKUP save set.
- Compare disk files or files in a BACKUP save set with other disk
- List information about files in a BACKUP save set to an output
device or file.
You cannot invoke BACKUP to back up a system disk; a system disk must
be bootstrapped to run.
For more information about BACKUP and backing up the system disk, see
the HP OpenVMS System Manager's Manual and the HP OpenVMS System Management Utilities Reference Manual or online help.