What these customers and partners are saying about ACMS
Nation's premier direct broadcast satellite service
View Graphic Display
of DirectTV's Application
- Billing application, decentralized billing centers
- NCC developed opportunity, EDS was the competition
- Subscriber volume = 1994: 750K --> 2001: 10M
- Continuous operation - 15 minute failover. 99.99% uptime (<9
- Subsecond response time
- HP ACMS/Rdb solution
World's largest poultry producer
- Largest producer of poultry products in the world
- Downsized from UNISYS mainframes to HP client/server TP
- Order entry, sales inventory, traffic & billing applications
- Growing rapidly - move acquired companies onto their HP ACMS/Rdb
- High availability TP, scaleable solution, technology integration
Tyson Foods writes the recipe
for success with HP products and services.
HP and Tyson IT pros laid out the design for a complete supply-chain
information system encompassing inventory management, order management,
order fulfillment, transportation and billing, using ACMS, layered
on Oracle Rdb and OpenVMS.
- Order Entry and Stock Handling System
- Inventory Control -- 60,000 transaction/day from hand held FM
terminals VAX 9000 Model 420, 2 VAX 6000 Model 500
- Warehouse Management System
With its rich functionality ACMS and Rdb enable
us to meet our users requirements and expectations in our
new client/server based system set up.
Mr. Jan Damm Pedersen
Major international bank
HP application integration partner
- Large International Bank, Online retail banking application
- Downsized from NCR mainframes to HP client/server TP
- Decentralized, massively distributed client/server TP - 20,000
- 2000 Local Offices with VAX 3100s in each running DIGTAL ACMS
- 200 Branches with VAX 6xxx in each running HP ACMS Server &
- 20,000 PC desktops each running HP Desktop ACMS
"The architecture of the reservation system made
it very straight forward to offer the application services to an
Internet client. At the same time, ACMS provided the features needed
to prevent Internet access from adversely impacting Thrifty's core
business processes. As a result, Thrifty was able to quickly open
a new channel for reservations without incurring incremental data
maintenance expenses, while at the same time maintaining consistency
with the call center and airline systems."
Perot Systems Project Manager
Web-enabling current applications
"While we found several solutions, none gave
us the comfort level or ease of implementation provided by the HP
TP Web Connector software," says Peter Zabasky, Senior Analyst.
"It allowed us to use our ACMS system to manage access to production
databases. With this tool, we were able to reuse existing ACMS code
and develop all our student Web applications in a little over a
month. The results have been a tremendous success with our student
"Ithaca College has taken a major step forward by providing
decentralized access to the college's information systems. Because
of this success, we have many more applications, both student and
operational, planned for the Web in the near future."
This information society of ours is changing at an
incredible pace. Information supply has become a crucial factor
in the efficient operation of virtually every company. Which is
why suppliers of information technology, such as VX Company, have
to know exactly what is going on within their specialized field
in the IT market. They have to know which developments, products
and systems will best meet the needs of a specific type of business.
...an investment in HP is an investment that bears witness
to a definite vision of the future.
VX Company specializes in developing and managing large operationally
critical information systems in HP and Oracle environments. Visit
site for more details.